Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I read the other reviews and was greatly excited to order this entree. I have bought 2-3 varieties of Tasty Bite from my local Trader Joes. Most are decently healthy and all are easy and fast to make.
Peas and paneer, as an entree, is bland and without any heat/spice. I am a native Indian so I can handle relatively spicy food. However, this entree does not merit even a 2-chili rating (out of four).
As for food quality, I would suggest microwaving the rice and entree separately. Otherwise, the majority of the sauce seeps into the rice giving it a very unpleasant appearance. If you boil the pouches (an alternate option), you may have even more success. However, most of us buy these because of the ease of preparation, so boiling isn't a convenient option. The rice tastes and looks as it should.
Finally, I do recommend Tasty Bite Entrée, Jaipur Vegetables. I am on box nine of twelve and still not tired. This entree is MUCH spicier - closer to a 3.25 chili rating (out of four). I also favor this entree because it doesn't have the throw-away plastic container in each box. Moreover, you get 12-boxes for a better price than the 6-boxes for the peas and paneer.
I look forward to trying the other Tasty Bites, though I will likely sample the flavors at Trader Joe's before ordering another 6- or 12-box set. No more Tasty Bite purchases from the Gold Box unless I have already tried that particular flavor - lesson learned!
Click Here to see more reviews about: Tasty Bite Peas Paneer & Basmati Rice Meal, Heat & Eat, 12-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)
Green peas and paneer cheese simmered with onions, tomatoes, spices, herbs. Served with basmati rice. Heat and Eat, no cooking. Tasty Bite products come in a unique smart pouch that seals in wholesome flavors and nutrients. Requires no refrigeration until pouch is opened. Great for camping, hiking, work, anywhere you go. Meal ideas: serve with rice or Indian flat bread, as a delicious entree, a sidedish or entree. Integrate into your favorite recipe for a fresh meal solution. All natural, vegetarian, gluten free, no MSG, no preservatives, kosher, no refrigeration, 18 month shelf life. Product of India. Try all of Tasty Bite's delicious Indian and Pan-Asian inspired products: Meal Inspiration, Entrees, Simmer Sauces and Rices.
0 comments:
Post a Comment