Progresso French Onion Soup 19 oz. (12 Pack) Review

Progresso French Onion Soup 19 oz. (12 Pack)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Like a lot of folks I am sure, I enjoy a hot tasty bowl of french onion soup in restaurants. It's always been one of my favorite appetizers. Though I have made it at home successfully in the past, its not one of your easy regular, add stock and ingredients and simmer until done type of soups. A little more steps and tending too is necessary to make a soup comparable to your favorite restaurant to be sure. That's why when I saw this Progresso brand french onion at the market I decided to give a couple of cans a try. Unfortunately it was one of the biggest disappointments I have had in canned soup in some time. And I buy a lot of Progresso products. This soup, like all canned french onion blends is minus the bread and cheese topping that is so common in restaurants, and home recipes. Which of course you can do without, but than you're eliminating what I consider the best part. Unfortunately the problem with this Progresso blend is that it flat out doesn't taste good at all, no matter what you do to it. In addition to it being far less flavorful than a home made or restaurant french onion, it also has a thicker consistency to it that is very unpleasant to me. French onions aren't really known for a broth that is thick, at least the ones I have had. Salting this soup with various spices and what not did little to improve it. I would never buy it again, and wouldn't recommend it, even if you intend to doctor it with the other goodies and save time. The base stock is just really bad in my opinion. If you really want to try a store bought mix that is a little more work, not as much as from scratch, but truly compares to restaurant french onions, I would recommend the Cuginos stock mix at the link enclosed. It really is the very best I have tried at home in a mix. Especially with the bread and cheese topping. Than its downright delizioso'. Either buy the Cuginos, make it from scratch, or take a night out to your favorite eatery. In any event, skip this very disappointing canned variety.... Cugino's Gourmet Foods, Ridiculously Delicious Soups, 8 Cup Baked Burgundy French Onion Soup, 3.8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)

Click Here to see more reviews about: Progresso French Onion Soup 19 oz. (12 Pack)



Buy Now

Click here for more information about Progresso French Onion Soup 19 oz. (12 Pack)

0 comments:

Post a Comment