Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I love most Bob's Red Mill products and have been buying from them for 10+ years. However, this is my least favorite of their products. This stuff is easy to cook with, it's true, but it tastes like rubber, smells bad when it's cooking, and has no flavor until you add your own spices. I have no idea why I used to cook with this stuff so often other than that I didn't know much about cooking in HS and it looked "high protein" on the label. I recently read The Whole Soy Story by Kaayla Daniel (Amazon has it), and was amazed to learn that processed soy products like TSP are processed at high temperatures, denaturing the proteins and leaving in loads with antinutrients that damage the thyroid among many other health problems they cause. Although TSP appears to be almost all protein (like meat or tofu), in reality, you don't absorb much of the protein, anyway. While I am glad Bob's is using organic soybeans to make their TSP (thereby leaving out the pesticides and genetically engineered ingredients), the fact that it's "organic" doesn't make it a healthy or even a safe product. The dangerous antinutrients in soy are not a chemical additive or pesticide, they are in intrinsic part of the beans themselves, the plant's natural way of deterring pests. Traditional foods made from soy and eaten over the past 400+ years were slow cooked and fermented, destroying the antinutrients and leaving the protein, vitamins, and minerals intact. TSP is the total opposite of whole, healthy, fermented soy products like tempeh or miso soup, as it is not fermented and leaves in all the antinutrients. As a longtime vegan on a gluten-free diet because of food allergies, I'll continue to buy other Bob's products (they have an amazing gluten-free line), but I am saddened they are still making highly-processed, extremely unhealthy items like TSP.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Bob's Red Mill Organic TSP (Textured Soy Protein), 6-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4)
Bob's Red Mill Organic Textured Soy Protein is made from low fat, water-processed soy flour that is cooked, extrued and dried.It is a superb protein source, and a good source of essential amino acids that are high in isoflavones.
0 comments:
Post a Comment