Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I was hoping that this Margaret Holmes "Peanut Patch" product had improved over time. It has not. I used to buy them when I couldn't get the fresh ones while I was in the military stationed all over the world. Alas, still the same product as before. Dinky peanuts, many empty shells, rotten peanuts inside (along with the occasional sticks, stems, grit, and other unknown debris). And the worst part - the peanuts are not processed in a manner in which the peanuts come out of the shells easily. A lot of shells are either soggy or undercooked. Anyone that knows and loves boiled peanuts knows what I'm talking about. You try and "crack" the majority of these and the peanut separates into halves and you have to pry them out of the shells each half at at time with a toothpick or something. You can't squeeze them out or they'll crush, wasting the peanut. Not good. And these "Cajun" ones. Wow. They use some type of catsup-tasting thing with some type of pepper. I do not reccommed this product at all. The cans that they come in are heavy and you'll pay more for shipping than the actual product. I've been eating boiled peanuts for 40 years. If you REALLY want some good boiled peanuts, with a good variety, try Hardy Farms. I wish I could get them on Amazon, but they aren't available.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Margaret Holmes Cajun Style Boiled Peanuts 13.5 OZ CANS (PACK OF 6)
Margaret holmes cajun style boiled peanuts (PACK OF 6)13.5 OZ CANS
0 comments:
Post a Comment