Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I have to admit that I was skeptical. I live in South Texas and have had some killer Queso in my day so I had no idea what a vegan Queso sauce would taste like since it would have NO CHEESE or dairy product of any kind. Still, I entertain some vegan friends so I thought that they were probably used to "strange tasting stuff" so I gave it a try.
The first thing that I noticed was that the color was pretty close to regular Queso, maybe just a shade darker. However, the aroma was the thing that first surprised me. As a serious home cook I pride myself on my "nosing" ability but I had to wonder if it was letting me down because I swear it smelled like cheese. The aroma of fresh peppers, tomatoes and spices all said "Queso" but it was the fragrance of nacho cheese that threw me off. How did they do that? Now, to taste it...
First I tried it at room temperature, right out of the jar with a spoon.
1st taste: This stuff is good
2nd taste: This stuff is REALLY good
3rd taste: I gotta get my chips!
I heated some up and tried it with some homemade tortilla chips. I am not exaggerating when I say that this is some of the best Queso that I've had on either side of the border. Not only was the taste right on target but the texture was what I would expect from a conventional, well made cheese sauce. I had to see what was in it. Beside the usual ingredients (tomatoes, chiles and seasonings) there is something called "nutritional yeast", calcium chloride (a natural firming agent) and unbleached flour. Nothing weird at all.
I ran across the street to get my vegetarian/semi-vegan neighbor to try it (plus, since she is really attractive I am always looking for an excuse to talk to her). She didn't believe me when I said that it was vegan so she looked at the label. Then she tried it and her eyes lit up. Right away she asked, "Is this fattening?" (she watches her weight and has a slim figure, not that I notice that sort of thing). Good question I said, there is always a catch. I read the Nutritional Facts label silently, I reread it then said, "Well... there are 16 one once servings per jar, how do you feel about 160 calories?" She said "Per serving? I guess it would be worth it." Then I said, "Per jar!"
I can't wait to try this on potatoes, burgers, chicken and burritos, but I have to wait until I get another jar. My neighbor took mine (did I mention that she was hot?).
I seriously recommend this for vegans as well as those with a carnivorous appetite. It's that good.
P.S. - If you like your queso a little spicier you might want to try this one:
Nacho Mom's Fire Roasted Vegan Queso, 16 oz. Jar
Click Here to see more reviews about: Nacho Mom's Ultimate Vegan Queso, 16 oz. Jar
What happens when an award-winning Texas chef goes vegan?Everything good... except for the cheesy Tex-Mex cravings that wouldn't go away.When no other recipe or product in the universe came even close to the "real deal" of Mom's cheesy queso recipe, hours in the kitchen perfecting the ultimate vegan queso resulted in the mind-blowing all-natural queso perfection with the same Southwestern taste and creamy texture, but better.
Most other quesos out there skimp on the most costly ingredients such as loads of real chopped tomatoes--and replace them by adding less expensive ones, such as water, as their first and primary ingredient--yet homemade queso has loads of equal amounts of cheesiness and veg.Nacho Mom's gives you the perfect balance, and the taste of both cheese and tomato in every bite.Chock full of genuine Tex-Mex flavor with loads of real tomatoes and green chiles, never mustard, oat flour, or margarine.It's truly creamy and melts like real cheese.
The possibilities are endless! Chip dip Nachos Wicked "cheese" fries Mixed with rice or beans In or on soups and stews Baked potato and pasta topper In or on broccoli or other veggie sides Burrito, enchilada, and quesadilla filling Atop corn chips and chili Mexi-scalloped potatoes Chili-"cheese" veggie dog In casseroles
Full of all-natural goodness so it's only 10 calories a serving...Can't stop before you've finished the entire jar? Never guilt...because there are only 160 calories in the ENTIRE 16 oz. jar!No soy, nuts, sugar, fat, or artificial ingredients.
Ingredients:Tomatoes, water, nutritional yeast, unbleached flour, green chilies, paprika, salt, garlic powder, citric acid (a natural preservative), calcium chloride (a natural firming agent), spices.
Nutritional Information:Serving Size:1 ozServings per Container:16Calories:10Total Fat:0gSaturated Fat:
Click here for more information about Nacho Mom's Ultimate Vegan Queso, 16 oz. Jar
0 comments:
Post a Comment