Emerald Cove Instant Pacific Sea Vegetable Salad, 16-Ounce Bag Review

Emerald Cove Instant Pacific Sea Vegetable Salad, 16-Ounce Bag
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
This is a nice bag of 1lb of different kinds of dried seaweed: wakame, aka funori, kiriboshi wakame, shiro kikurage, ito kanten, kizami hoshi kombu, according to the label. I'm somewhat new to seaweed but there's definitely a nice variety of colors (red, white, clear, light green, dark green) and textures among the seaweed- it looks beautiful in a salad. Sixty-some dollars is alot for a pound of food but at 1/4 cup (dry) per serving of sea weed salad, this will last you a while: the bag says there's 90 quarter-cup servings in the bag. The sea weed swells alot when soaked in warm water. Also, I live in the middle of nowhere and I can't just run out to my local Asian supermarket to see if they have a similar product for half the price.
The seaweed smelled nice and fresh, a gentle ocean smell- no stinky fish smell, no "off" flavor. There's no sauce or seasoning on it, you make your own. Unlike the limp salads made of wakame leaves, this seaweed mix makes a light and "fluffy", "perky" salad. This product definitely makes a fancier, better seaweed salad than I've had at the 6 or 7 Japanese restaurants I can remember eating at. Although, if you are looking for just dried wakame stems, this is not that product.
I googled and found a dressing I really like, made of 3T rice vinegar, 3T soy sauce, 2T sesame seed oil, 1tsp sugar, 1tsp grated ginger, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 2 chopped scallions, all just mixed together. (The dressing even stays good in a cup in the fridge for a week or two!) I soak the seaweed for 10 or 15 minutes in warm water, drain, mix in the dressing, and it's ready. To make a small amount of seaweed stretch further, I serve it on top of shredded carrot and/or shredded radish. (I got that idea from my local Japanese restaurant.)
Unlike Emerald Cove's 3lb wakame product, which is made in China, this 1lb sea salad is a product of Japan. The website says that it is wild-harvested along Japan's coast. It's imported by Great Eastern Sun from Ashville NC. The label lists no preservatives or anything besides seaweed as ingredients.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Emerald Cove Instant Pacific Sea Vegetable Salad, 16-Ounce Bag



Buy NowGet 5% OFF

Click here for more information about Emerald Cove Instant Pacific Sea Vegetable Salad, 16-Ounce Bag

0 comments:

Post a Comment